Early Sistine Chapel with Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Chance to explore the Sistine Chapel before the public
- Exploration of Vatican Museums led by an expert guide
- Early entry to the Museums lets you stay ahead of the crowds
- No waiting in lines at the spectacular St. Peter’s Basilica
- Famous Raphael Rooms & works by Bernini & Michelangelo
Early Sistine Chapel With Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- St.Peter's Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel are subject to last-minute closures during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, you will spend more time inside either the Sistine Chapel or the Vatican Museums.
- Due to covid restrictions the corridor between St.Peter's Church & the Sistine Chapel is temporary closed to the public. The distance between the two sites without this access means that a guided visit inside St.Peter's Basilica will not be possible.
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Note: This tour costs less on Wednesdays because it does not enter St. Peter’s Basilica. Instead, we spend more time in the Vatican Museums and our guide will give you an introduction to the Basilica so you know what to look for if you want to visit later on your own.
- Free tour upgrade until Dec 31st, 2021:With this upgrade you'll spend an hour enjoying the buffet before your guide whisks you to the Sistine Chapel, ahead of the crowds and fully fuelled for the adventure ahead.
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results.
What you can expect
Experience the breathtaking Sistine Chapel as it was meant to be seen—without the crowds. Enter the Vatican Museums before general opening time to marvel at Michelangelo's frescoes before the lines form, and afterwards enjoy an expertly guided tour of the Museums and St. Peter's Basilica.
Meet your guide outside the Vatican Museums 45 minutes before they're open to the public, and get whisked directly to the Sistine Chapel, which is nearly empty at this time of the morning. After plenty of time to study Michelangelo's masterpiece in peace and quiet, your guide leads you on a tour of the Museums. Marvel at the Renaissance frescoes in the Raphael Rooms, and wander amongst the impressive collection of ancient sculptures, all while staying ahead of the crowds.
After exploring the Museums, admire the Sistine Chapel again as you pass through it for a second time, entering St. Peter's Basilica through a special door with no long lines. Once inside the basilica, your guide offers you a 1-hour tour, introducing you to the incredible art, architecture, and history of this Catholic landmark before setting you free to explore on your own.
Free tour upgrade until Dec 31st, 2021:With this upgrade you'll spend an hour enjoying the buffet before your guide whisks you to the Sistine Chapel, ahead of the crowds and fully fuelled for the adventure ahead. If you would like to purchase this upgraded tour for a date past Dec 31st 2021, you can book our Pristine Sistine Tour with Breakfast.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided