Small-group tour ensures personalised attention
Visit to most of the lightlights of Saigon
Learn about the Vietnam War
See bomb craters and tank remains
Pick-up at all hotels in District 1
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Pick-up at all hotes in District 1, HCMC.
Air-conditional minivan transfer
Vietnamese English-speaking guide
All admission fees
Drinking water (02 bottles of 500ml/Person)
Local taxes, fees and handling charges
Vietnamese 3-course Lunch
Tips and Service charges (recommended)
Other fees which are not mentioned in the itinerary
Bullets fee (if you want to try)
What you can expect
This full day trip is a perfect choice for those who want a deeper insight into the 20th century history of Vietnam. It’s a combined tour, half day city and half day Cu-chi tunnels, which has been suggested by many tourists. You not only gain more information about the Vietnam War, but you can also witness what was once one of the biggest battlefields in the world, to understand more about a small country whose endurance through many wars during its 4000-year history has given us a peaceful day like today.
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel (only in District 1). Your visits for morning's tour include Reunification Palace (also known as Independence Palace), War Remnants Museum, plus one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture Central Post Office.
After a few hours discovering the city, you will enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant beforewe drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Ben-Dinh tunnels, Cu-chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
- The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Vietnam to either maim American soldiers or create panic among the ranks.
- From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
- There is a shooting range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
- Take some rest at the end for a taste of Cu-chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
- We drive back to Ho-chi-minh city and drop you to your hotel or some place in District 1 as your request. End of services.