Osaka Dotonbori Daytime Food Tour
3.0/53.0 out of 5
- A walk through Dotonburi and surrounding areas
- Explore back streets and small local shops
- Enjoy Osaka’s speciality, Kushikatsu (fried skewers)
- Take the back roads and to a hidden Izakaya
- Finish up with a yummy local dessert!
Osaka Dotonbori Daytime Food Tour
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Strict policy on tour start time - Starts promptly at 11:00am, ends at 2:00pm. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tour.
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescetarian, Shellfish free, Pork-meat free friendly.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason, or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This is a family-friendly tour! Babies and Toddlers (0 – 2 years old) can join for FREE (if you will come with a baby, please let us know when you book)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult/parent.
- Walking level Moderate.
What you can expect
Enjoy the best of Osaka's famous street food and hidden back alleys on this 3-hour Osaka Food Tour in the famous foodie area of Dotonbori & Namba! Experience an unforgettable stroll through the historical food streets of Osaka and eat like a local in the city known as “Japan’s Kitchen.” Your local expert will take you on an unforgettable eating excursion through the busy streets and the hidden, less frequented parts of South Osaka. The tour kicks off in the busy Dotonbori area where we will learn about Glico man, a Filipino sprinter named Fortunato Catalon who inspired a nation and a company! Similar to Shibuya (its counterpart in Tokyo) the sights and sounds of Dotonbori often lead you astray to overly-commercialised restaurants with queues of tourists outside. We want to take our guests to places they would certainly miss without local guidance. We will take secret alleys not long after we begin the tour towards the shrine hidden from sight for the average passerby.
We will sample Kushikatsu (deep-fried meat and veggie skewers), a local take on Yakitori, and we will surprise you with a Michelin rated street food stop for Osaka’s favourite snack– Takoyaki! (a kind of grilled octopus fritter). Next, travel down more narrow alleys and see some of the more unconventional restaurants and pubs. Your guide will then lead you to a local lunch spot, an Izakaya or local gastro-pub with seasonal dishes and lunch sets that will intrigue and delight.
From there, you’ll explore other nearby local areas and finally finish off with a tasty local street food dessert!
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required