History buffs will enjoy exploring Ballarat, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its art, gardens and lakes.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodation options in Ballarat
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 46.4 mi (74.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 54.6 mi (87.8 km) away
Getting around Ballarat
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Ballarat Station. Ballarat may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ballarat
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Ballarat gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C