The COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in substantial changes to the way we travel. If you plan to jet off to Cameroon, these tips will help you navigate travel’s newest challenges:
- Before booking your flight, find out if any travel bans or restrictions apply — in both your origin and destination. Get the latest updates by checking government and travel websites.
- Keep your face mask on during airport screening. A TSA employee will ask you to adjust your mask for identification purposes.
- Rather than handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it straight on the scanner yourself. Then, hold it up for inspection.
- You can now take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll need to remove it for X-ray screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pockets, like your small change and phone, and place them in your carry-on rather than the bins. This will minimize handling during screening.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray screening. Putting it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA officer to handle and inspect your belongings.