If it’s your first time traveling during COVID-19, you’ll notice a few more rules and regulations in place. Follow these tips and make your journey to Guam a smooth one:
- Find out if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before booking. Also check if there are any conditions you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as health testing.
- When you pass through airport screening, keep your face mask on. You will be asked to briefly lower it for ID purposes. Anyone refusing to wear a face mask may be denied entry or boarding.
- Instead of handing a TSA agent your boarding pass, position it straight on the reader yourself. Then, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA is now allowing passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on luggage. This will need to be removed from your bag and submitted for screening.
- Empty everything from your pockets, such as your phone, keys and wallet, and place them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will minimize handling during screening.
- If you’re planning to take food through the security checkpoint, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.