COVID-19 has transformed the world in countless ways, including how we can travel safely. These tips will help you better understand the new challenges and prepare you for your vacation in Madagascar:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before locking in your flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to temporarily lower your mask to verify your identity.
- You’re no longer required to hand your boarding pass (paper or electronic) directly to a TSA officer. Instead, position your pass on the scanner and then hold it up for inspection.
- You’re permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on bag. This will need to be removed for X-ray scanning.
- Place any personal items (phone, wallet and keys) in your carry-on instead of a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- If you’re bringing food through security screening, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.