If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice new restrictions and standards in place. Take note of these tips and make your getaway to Mizoram go off without a hitch:
- Investigate if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before locking in a flight. Also check if there are any conditions you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as undergoing health assessments.
- Requirements state you must wear a face mask at the airport, including at security checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask for ID verification when asked.
- To avoid cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- You’re allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on luggage. This will need to be removed for X-ray scanning.
- Empty your personal items from your pocket, such as your wallet, phone and small change, and place them in your carry-on instead of into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you want to take food on the plane with you, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA agent will need to touch your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.