The COVID-19 outbreak has brought about substantial changes to how we travel. If you’re planning a vacation in Morocco, these tips will help you navigate these new challenges:
- Understand the restrictions and rules in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so make sure you check before you lock in your flight.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to lower your mask temporarily for ID purposes.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA agent.
- You are now allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on bag. You’ll need to remove it for X-ray screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pocket, like your wallet and phone, and place them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray scanning. Food items often trigger the alarm. Putting them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to touch and inspect your belongings.