The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about major changes to the way we travel. If you plan to visit Tanzania, these tips will help you navigate these new rules and challenges:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before booking. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as installing a contact tracing app.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to temporarily lower your mask for ID purposes.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, place it directly on the scanner yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your hand luggage. This will need to be taken out for screening.
- To minimize handling during the screening process, place items such as your phone, keys and wallet into your carry-on instead of the bins.
- Transport all food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on makes it less likely that a TSA officer will need to open and touch your bag for inspection.