With strict COVID-19 precautions in effect, travel looks a bit different these days. These are some helpful things to know before you pack your suitcase for Zambia:
- Before you book a flight, see if any travel restrictions apply — in both your destination and origin. Keep informed with the latest updates by checking government travel advisories.
- Requirements state you must wear a face mask at the airport, including at screening checkpoints. Be prepared to lower your mask for ID verification when asked by a TSA officer.
- Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee. Rather, place your pass on the scanner and then hold it up for inspection.
- You can take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on luggage. This will need to be removed for X-ray screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pockets, like your small change and phone, and put them in your carry-on instead of the bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.