- Disliked: Staff & service, property conditions & facilities
- Temple of Literature
- 7 min walk
- Hanoi War Museum
- 17 min walk
- Vietnam Military History Museum
- 17 min walk
- Hanoi (HAN-Noi Bai Intl.)
- 24 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:65 6415 5556
About this area
Located in Hanoi's Dong Da neighbourhood, Sao Mai Hotel is in the city centre and connected to the convention centre. Hanoi Old City Gate and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum are notable landmarks, and travellers looking to shop may want to visit Lotte Center Hanoi and Dong Xuan Market. Train Street and Ho Tay Water Park are also worth visiting.Visit our Hanoi travel guide
- Temple of Literature - 7 min walk
- One Pillar Pagoda - 16 min walk
- Hanoi War Museum - 17 min walk
- Ho Chi Minh Museum - 17 min walk
- Vietnam Military History Museum - 17 min walk
- Hanoi Railway Station - 17 min walk
- Hanoi (HAN-Noi Bai Intl.) - 24 min drive
- Where to eat
- Windy Restaurant – Restaurant offering Vietnamese cuisine. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
About this property
Sao Mai Hotel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- Airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
- No pets or service animals allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Payment types at the property
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Cash deposit: VND 200000 per stay for guests aged under 40 years old staying between 18 June and 31 July
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: VND 145000 for adults and VND 100000 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: VND 420000 per vehicle (one way)
- Early check-in fee: VND 500000 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: VND 500000 (subject to availability)
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Windy Hotel Hanoi
- Sao Mai Hotel Hanoi
- Windy Hanoi
- Sao Mai Hanoi
- Sao Mai Hotel Hotel
- Sao Mai Hotel Hanoi
- Sao Mai Hotel Hotel Hanoi
- Liked: Cleanliness, room comfort
An experience not to remember
I used to travel to Hanoi few times in a year for business and normally I'll stay at a few different hotels to try different services at different facilities. Unfortunately, this is an experience not to remember for me. I stayed for 4 days at deluxe room, the check-in was smooth, the room was clean and very spacious; equips with safety deposit box, flat screen TV, minibars and many other other things expected from a 4 stars hotel. I can feel the room is aging as some of the furniture was dilapidated due poor maintenance, perhaps. Bad experience in the shower room due to low-pressure hot water supply and it was spring time. In room WiFi was faulty, even after few complaints it remains the same. Too bad as my work is very dependent to WiFi connection. As for the staff, I felt their hospitality were below average even if I compare them to the 2 stars hotels. Location wise, this hotel located at walking distance from a few attractions like Temple of Literature, flag tower, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum etc. For budget traveler, there are many other choices nearby and personally, this a bad alternative.