Visitors to Madurai are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, rivers and festivals.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Madurai
- The closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Madurai
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Madurai Junction Station, Madurai East Station or Thiruparankundram Station. Madurai may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Madurai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and nighttime averages of 24°C
- Average annual rainfall for Madurai is 838 millimetres
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C