Visitors to Nyon are sure to enjoy the lakes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, museums and festivals. Palexpo, United Nations European Headquarters and Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Nyon
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Nyon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Nyon Station. Nyon may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Nyon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 856 millimetres of rain falls on Nyon each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -1°C