Travellers to Tralee give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art and churches. A top sight in the area is Gap of Dunloe.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Tralee
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 32.3 mi (52.1 km) away
Getting around Tralee
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Tralee Station. Tralee may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Tralee
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 918 millimetres of rain falls on Tralee each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C