Visiting Udon Thani
Visitors to Udon Thani are sure to enjoy the lakes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cocktail bars.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodation options in Udon Thani
- The closest major airport is in Udon Thani (UTH-Udon Thani Intl.), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Getting around Udon Thani
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Udonthani Railway Station or Udon Thani Nong Takai Station. Udon Thani might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Udon Thani
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- Udon Thani gets about 67 millimetres of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C