Visitors to Varese are sure to enjoy the gardens and lakes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, archaeological sites and museums. Sacred Mountain of the Rosary, Villa Olmo and Volta Temple are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Varese
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away
Getting around Varese
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Varese Station. Varese may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Varese
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- Varese gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C