Families will find kid-friendly activities in Canberra, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lakeside setting and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, art and tours. Top sights in the city include EPIC, National Museum of Australia and Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodation options in Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Canberra
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kingston Canberra Station or Queanbeyan Railway Station. Canberra may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Canberra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Canberra gets about 579 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C