The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how the world works in all sorts of ways, including how we travel. The following tips will help you understand these new challenges and prepare you for your flight to Argentina:
- Know if any restrictions apply to both your destination and origin. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check government advisories before booking.
- You must wear a face mask at the airport, including at screening checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask for ID verification when asked by a TSA officer.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, position it straight on the scanner yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now allowed in your carry-on luggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to take it out of your bag for screening.
- Put any personal items (phone, wallet and keys for example) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray screening. Food items often trigger the alarm. Putting them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to handle and inspect your belongings.