Visiting Buenos Aires
Travellers to Buenos Aires give high marks for the abundant cafes, entertainment choices and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its shopping, tours and museums. Top sights in the city include Estadio Monumental, Teatro Colon and Obelisco.
- There are 761 hotels and other accommodation options in Buenos Aires
- The closest major airport is in Buenos Aires (EZE-Ministro Pistarini Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Buenos Aires (AEP-Aeroparque Jorge Newbery), 18 mi (28.9 km) away
Getting around Buenos Aires
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Buenos Aires is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Inca Station, Tronador Station and Viceroys Square Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Buenos Aires Liniers Station, Villa Adelina Station or Buenos Aires Devoto Station.
Dressing for Buenos Aires
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and nighttime averages of 9°C
- Average annual rainfall for Buenos Aires is 19 millimetres
- Usually January and March are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas June and July are often coldest, averaging 5°C