With new COVID-19 safety measures to follow, travel looks a little different at present. These are some helpful things to know before you jet off to Greece:
- Before you lock in a flight, check if any travel restrictions or bans apply — in both your origin and destination. Get up-to-date information by checking government websites.
- When you pass through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be required to lower it briefly to confirm your identity. Passengers who refuse to wear a mask may be denied entry or boarding.
- Rather than handing a TSA agent your boarding pass, place it directly on the scanner yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on baggage. It must not be larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag at the X-ray machine for screening.
- To reduce handling during screening, place personal items such as your belt, phone and wallet into your carry-on instead of into the bins.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for X-ray screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to touch and inspect your belongings.