Athens Hotels from SG$88
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Aug,2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Athens, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafes and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, shopping and theatres. Top sights in the city include Ancient Agora, Roman Agora and Parthenon.
- There are 1386 hotels and other accommodation options in Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Athens
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Athens is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Monastiraki Station, Thissio Station and Panepistimio Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Athens Thiseio Station, Athens Central Station or Tavros Rouf Station.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Athens is 386 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 6°C