If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak, you’ll notice a raft of new regulations and rules in place. Take note of these tips and make your trip to Mauritius go off without a hitch:
- Investigate what, if any, restrictions or rules apply to both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so don’t forget to check before you lock something in.
- You’re required to wear a face mask at the airport, including at security checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask to verify your identity when asked by a TSA employee.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on luggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to remove it from your bag for scanning.
- Remove personal items from your pocket, such as your wallet and phone, and put them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during screening.
- If you’re planning to take food through the security checkpoint, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to handle your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.