The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in huge changes to the way we travel. If you plan to visit Netherlands, the following tips will help you navigate the “new normal:”
- Look into what, if any, restrictions or rules apply to both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check before you lock something in.
- You must wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, including at security checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask for ID verification when asked.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA agent.
- You can now take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your hand luggage. You’ll have to remove it for X-ray screening.
- To reduce handling during the screening process, place items such as your phone, coins and keys into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on makes it less likely that a TSA agent will need to touch and open your bag for inspection.