Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Faro, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars. Carmo Church, Loule Castle and Vilamoura Marina are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodation options in Faro
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Faro
With so many transport options, exploring Faro is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Faro Station. You can explore options for water transport at the local marina.
Dressing for Faro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Faro gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C