Budget Hostels from SG$112
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Killarney
Other property types in Killarney
Reviewed on 26 Aug,2020
Reviewed on 27 Aug,2020
The Killarney Park
Reviewed on 1 Mar,2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for somewhere affordable to stay in Killarney, a hostel in town might be a great option. These dorm-style accommodation options come in lots of shapes and sizes, but all of them have a few qualities in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By choosing a hostel in Killarney, you can spend less on lodging and set aside more of your trip funds for going out during your holiday. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its live music venues and historic sites.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Killarney?
The weather can be important when you want to venture out and explore, so here's a little information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 12° C and night-time temperatures average 3° C
- April-June: 19° C is the daytime average and 4° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 19° C and night-time averages are around 9° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 16° C during the day and 3° C at night
- Average rainfall is 918 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Killarney?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places:Natural Features
- Killarney House Gardens
- Knockreer Estate
- Ross Island
- INEC Killarney
- Muckross House
- Kenmare Heritage Centre
- St. Mary's Cathedral
- Ross Castle
- Lissyvigeen Circle
In general, Killarney is known for its:
- Live music
- Historical sites
How to Get to Killarney and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), located 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away from the city centre. Another option is Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), located 32.1 mi (51.6 km) away. Once you've arrived, you might want to use public transport to get around. To see more of the area, hop on a train at Killarney Station, Farranfore Station or Rathmore Station.