History buffs will enjoy exploring Killarney, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices and local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its parks. A top sight in the area is Gap of Dunloe.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodation options in Killarney
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 32.1 mi (51.6 km) away
Getting around Killarney
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Killarney Station, Farranfore Station or Rathmore Station. Killarney might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Killarney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Killarney gets about 918 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C