Visiting Nong Khai
Visitors can enjoy all that Nong Khai has to offer including the festivals, rivers and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Top sights around the area include Sala Keoku and Patuxay.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodation options in Nong Khai
- The closest major airport is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Udon Thani (UTH-Udon Thani Intl.), 31.4 mi (50.6 km) away
Getting around Nong Khai
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Nong Khai Na Tha Station or Nong Khai Station. Nong Khai may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Nong Khai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 34°C and the nighttime average to be 14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nong Khai is 67 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 15°C