Visiting Sankt Polten
Visitors can enjoy all that Sankt Polten has to offer including the monuments, art and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, live music and theatres.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Sankt Polten
- The closest major airport is in Vienna (VIE-Vienna Intl.), 42.9 mi (69.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Sankt Polten
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from St Polten Central Station, Sankt Polten Pottenbrunn Station or St. Pölten Central Station. Sankt Polten might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sankt Polten
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Sankt Polten each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C