Travellers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Thonon-les-Bains, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Top sights in the city include Evian Casino and Evian Thermal Spa.
- There are 117 hotels and other accommodation options in Thonon-les-Bains
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Thonon-les-Bains
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Thonon Les Bains Station or Évian-les-Bains Station. Thonon-les-Bains might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Thonon-les-Bains
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Thonon-les-Bains is 856 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C