Visitors to Zandvoort are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, bars and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Nes, Zaanse Schans and Concertgebouw.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodation options in Zandvoort
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Getting around Zandvoort
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Zandvoort aan Zee Station. Zandvoort might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Zandvoort
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Zandvoort each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C