Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, traveling now comes with a few more challenges. Cast your eye over the following tips before hopping on your plane to Colombia:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before locking in a flight. Also check if there are any conditions you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as testing and quarantining.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to lower your mask temporarily to verify your identity.
- To reduce the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the scanner yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA officer.
- You can take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on luggage. You’ll need to remove it for screening.
- To reduce handling during screening, put items such as your phone, coins and keys into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- Separate any food you have for X-ray scanning. Putting it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA agent to handle and inspect your belongings.