COVID-19 has affected how the world works in a profound way, including how we travel. The following tips will help you navigate these new challenges and get you ready for your flight to Egypt:
- Look into what rules and restrictions apply to both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check government advisories before booking.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to adjust your mask for ID purposes.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the scanner yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA officer.
- TSA is now allowing passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on luggage. This will have to be removed from your bag at the X-ray machine for screening.
- To reduce handling during the screening process, place personal items such as your keys, wallet, phone and belt into your carry-on instead of the bins.
- If you’re bringing food on board, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your food container or carry-on bag for closer inspection.