Visitors can enjoy all that Douai has to offer including the churches, monuments and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and bars. A top sight in the area is Palace of Fine Arts.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Douai
- The closest major airport is in Lille (LIL-Lesquin), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city centre
Getting around Douai
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Douai Station, Douai Pont-de-la-Deule Station or Sin-le-Noble Station. Douai might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Douai
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 720 millimetres of rain falls on Douai each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C