Travellers to Fortaleza give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, seafood restaurants and water parks. A top sight in the city is Castelao Stadium.
- There are 461 hotels and other accommodation options in Fortaleza
- The closest major airport is in Fortaleza (FOR-Pinto Martins Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Fortaleza
With so many ways to get around, exploring Fortaleza is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Jose de Alencar Station, Sao Benedito Station and Benfica Station. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Fortaleza Otavio Bonfim Station or Pacatuba Station.
Dressing for Fortaleza
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 24°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 25°C as the night-time average
- Fortaleza gets about 63 millimetres of rain per year
- November and February are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°C