The price of rooms tells you all you need to know, except that the bedrooms are unusually large, but the ensuite shower rooms are very small. Stay somewhere else if you can afford to. I suspect the hotel accepts a lot of one-night tour groups and therefore looks well used and starting to get shabby. Noise insulation is poor, even from outside (especially the Chinese puppet theatre which is on a side-street right below the majority of the rooms – this horrible over-amplified noise starts up ever night at 9pm for 2 hours – I don’t know why the hotel management don’t stop them). Buffet breakfast is adequate – do ask for an omelette which are very good. There is a good supermarket close by, and the central bus station under Komtar tower is a short walk away – but this should give you a sense of the area i.e. a bit run-down. We only found one decent restaurant nearby – Kirin Sushi – other restaurants are to be found in China Town and Little India. The excellent Red Garden food-court is about a 20 minute walk away (go up Jalan Penang and bear right at Leith Street). The free Central Area Transit (CAT) bus is a useful way to get around, but the route marked on the free map is mostly fictional. Take buses to other parts of the island (take the correct money for the trip as no change is given) : The 101 bus goes to the Entopia butterfly farm – it is well-worth the trip; as is Penang Hill - take bus 204 at 19:05 – the night-scene is better than the day-scene.
Overview of Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
Book with confidence knowing you'll have flexibility if plans change.
About this area
In the city centre, Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON is in George Town's Downtown George Town neighbourhood, an area with great shopping. KOMTAR and Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Temple are notable landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Gurney Drive and Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal. ESCAPE Adventureplay and Kidland Penang are also worth visiting.Visit our George Town travel guide
- Hin Bus Depot Art Centre - 1 min walk
- KOMTAR - 3 min walk
- Penang Times Square - 6 min walk
- Chit Tiau Lor Ban San - 7 min walk
- Prangin Mall - 8 min walk
- Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.) - 15 min drive
About this property
Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- There is no front desk at this property. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for MYR 90.0 per day.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Payment types accepted at this property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: MYR 31.80 for adults and MYR 16 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: MYR 90.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Property is also known as
- Hotel NEO Penang
- NEO Penang
- Hotel NEO+ Penang George Town
- Hotel NEO+ Penang
- Neo Penang By Aston
- Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON Hotel
- Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON George Town
- Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON Hotel George Town
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities