Visitors to Hamilton are sure to enjoy the theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, football games and theme park. Top sights around the area include Celtic Park, Glasgow Cathedral and Gallery of Modern Art.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Hamilton
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Getting around Hamilton
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Hamilton Central Station, Hamilton West Station or Hamilton Chatelherault Station. Hamilton might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Hamilton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Hamilton is 1323 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C