History buffs will enjoy exploring Hamilton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, live music scene and theatre. Cultural and urban, this city will delight tourists with its museums, waterfalls and art.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Hamilton
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Getting around Hamilton
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Burlington Aldershot Station, Grimsby Station or Brantford Station. Hamilton may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hamilton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of -8°C
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Hamilton each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -9°C