Kandy Hotels from SG$37
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 18 Nov,2018
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Sep,2019
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kandy, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its temples and gardens. A top sight in the city is Royal Botanical Garden.
- There are 410 hotels and other accommodation options in Kandy
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 52 mi (83.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kandy
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Kandy Railway Station. Kandy may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kandy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- About 62 millimetres of rain falls on Kandy each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C