Kandy Hotels from SG$17
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kandy, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its temples and gardens. A top sight in the city is Royal Botanical Garden.
- There are 410 hotels and other accommodation options in Kandy
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 52 mi (83.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kandy
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Kandy Railway Station. Kandy may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kandy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- About 62 millimetres of rain falls on Kandy each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C