History buffs will enjoy exploring Lanark, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its rivers, waterfalls and bars.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Lanark
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Getting around Lanark
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lanark Station or Lanark Carstairs Station. Lanark may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lanark
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Lanark gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C