Visiting Le Grand-Saconnex
Visitors to Le Grand-Saconnex are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and spas. Top sights around the area include Palexpo, Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum and United Nations European Headquarters.
- You'll find 203 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 0.6 mi (1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Le Grand-Saconnex
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Geneva Airport Station. Le Grand-Saconnex might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Le Grand-Saconnex
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Le Grand-Saconnex gets about 856 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C