Travellers to Sorrento give high marks for the local tours, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafes and marina. Top sights in the city include Piazza Tasso and Marina Grande Beach.
- There are 415 hotels and other accommodation options in Sorrento
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) away
Getting around Sorrento
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Sorrento is easy. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Sorrento Station. You can learn about options for water transport at the local marina.
Dressing for Sorrento
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and nighttime averages of 8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sorrento is 28 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 8°C