History buffs will enjoy exploring Basel, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art and cafes. Top sights in the city include Messeturm Basel, Basel Town Hall and Basler Muenster.
- There are 138 hotels and other accommodation options in Basel
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) away
Getting around Basel
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Basel is simple. Nearby metro stations include Marktplatz Tram Stop, University Tram Stop and Riehen Niederholz S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Basel SBB Station, Basel St. Johann Station or Basel Bad Station.
Dressing for Basel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Basel is 29 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C