Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bowie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping and theatres. Around the area, top sights include United States Capitol, Ford's Theater and Washington Monument.
- You'll find 86 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Annapolis
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away
Getting around Bowie
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bowie State Station. Bowie might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bowie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the nighttime average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1064 millimetres of rain falls on Bowie each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C