History buffs will enjoy exploring Cadiz, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, parks and archaeological sites. Top sights in the city include Cadiz Cathedral, Torre Tavira and Plaza de Espana.
- There are 240 hotels and other accommodation options in Cadiz
- The closest major airport is in Jerez de La Frontera (XRY), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Cadiz
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cádiz Station. Cadiz might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cadiz
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Cadiz each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C