In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling today comes with a few additional challenges. Read through the following tips before jumping on your plane to Burkina Faso:
- Understand the restrictions and rules in both your origin and destination. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so check before you lock in your flight.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to lower your mask temporarily to verify your identity.
- Instead of handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, position it straight on the scanner yourself. Once that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- You’re allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll have to remove it for X-ray screening.
- Put any personal items (like your phone and wallet) in your carry-on instead of a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- Transport all food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA agent will need to open and touch your bag for inspection.