History buffs will enjoy exploring Dover, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Dover Museum, Dover Castle and Dover Western Docks Ferry Terminal.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Dover
With so many transport options, seeing all of Dover is easy. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Dover Priory Station, DOVER EASTERN DOCKS or Dover Hoverport Station. You can catch a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Dover gets about 27 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 3°C