Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Hsinchu, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and museums. Top sights in the city include East Gate and City God Temple.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodation options in Hsinchu
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TPE-Taoyuan Intl.), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Getting around Hsinchu
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Hsinchu Xiangshan Station, Hsinchu Station or Hsinchu Shibo Station. Hsinchu may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Hsinchu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 17°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 22°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and nighttime averages of 14°C
- Average annual rainfall for Hsinchu is 77 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 13°C