Visitors to Johnsonville are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, bars and spas. Top sights around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) away
Getting around Johnsonville
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Johnsonville Station or Johnsonville Raroa Station. Johnsonville might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Johnsonville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Johnsonville is 1244 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 6°C