Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Portimao, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golfing, casinos and spas. Around the area, top sights include Rocha Beach, Meia Praia Beach and Zoomarine.
- There are 324 hotels and other accommodation options in Portimao
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Getting around Portimao
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Portimao is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Portimao Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Portimao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Portimao gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C